FROM 10 THINGS TO ASK YOURSELF EVERY MORNING
“Imagination is it’s own form of courage.” – House of Cards
1. What am I so afraid of?
Because fear has a terrifying grip over what we do and how we do it.
2. What am I most looking forward to today?
Add something special, something for you and just you, to the middle of your to-do list.
3. If today was my last day on this place, what would I want to make sure was not undone?
Have that conversation with that person, that place, that thing that’s haunting you. Answer that email, respond to that voicemail, open up the letters stacked on top of your desk.
4. Who can I remind that I’m madly in love with them?
You know who that person is. Scream it out loud on the top of your lungs so they can hear you from 2,347 miles away.
5. What am I going to do today that’s just for myself?
That 6pm spin class. The mini facial you’ll toss on before bed. The 15 minutes of unplugging yourself from reality and going for a walk around the block.
6. What’s one thing I can say no to?
Because not everything on your to-do list or your schedule for the week has to be taken care of. Some of it is just fillers or things you feel obligated to go to or do – but you don’t have to.
7. How will I make this day stand out?
So that no two days ever feel the same. Break your routine. Toss the entire thing up in the air and do one thing differently every single day.
8. What can I do for someone else?
Try this one. Even doing the smallest thing for someone else can drastically alter the course of your day and boost your happiness level more than a cup of coffee can.
9. When do I need a break from it all?
We all could use about 3 or 4 of these a day. When we step away from the computer and put down our phones and take a series of deep breaths or minutes away from it all.
10. Am I a happy person?
Doing the above just might make you an ounce happier on a Monday.